Welcome to Park City High School
1750 Kearns Blvd
Park City, UT 84060
7:30 am - 2:25 pm
Early Out Mondays
7:30 am - 1:45 pm
7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Attention Senior Parents:
Yearbook Recognition Ads (Senior Grad Ads) are available for purchase by going to www.JostensAdService.com. The Grad Ads are found at the end of the book and can upload past and present pictures and a write a message to your senior.
Ads range from 1/8 page at $45.00 to a full page at $300.00.
The deadline is February 16, 2015. This deadline will not be extended. Several parents missed out on getting to honor their students because they delayed. We have limited space, so please be timely. If you have any questions, please email Kelly Yeates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Results for the PLAN test for Sophomores
Last week we handed out the results for the PLAN test to Sophomores who took the test earlier this year. Students were instructed to take home the Score Report, the Test Booklet, and a pamphlet that explains how to interpret the results.
Here are some addition links that provide information about what the PLAN is and what a student can do with the results.
Also, Last week Counselors met with all Sophomore students in their World History classes for two days to start the process of creating their plans for College and Career Readiness. Check out our Counseling Blog for more details: pchscounseling.blogspot.com
Parent Canvas Logins
Based on a change with the Canvas PowerSchool Integration process, we are making a change to how Parent Observer Accounts work in Park City School District. Parents will now create their own account and link to all their PCSD Students. Provided below is a list of information each parent will need to have on hand and links to the instructions on creating the account and linking the students.
Gather the Canvas Login information for your student(s)
Quick access to your personal email account
Use a computer to navigate to pcsd.instructure.com
Follow the How Do I Sign Up for a Canvas Account as a Parent Guide
Add another student (or two or three) by following the How do I link to another student as an observer Guide
Review the Observer Guide for an overview of what to expect
NOTE: PCSD Employees wishing to observe their students within PCSD should NOT use their @pcschools.us email address. They should use a personal email address.
Parent Laptop Orientation
Parent Laptop Orientation for parents of students in grades 6 - 12 will be conducted online this year. Please complete this orientation as soon as possible.
As part of our high access initiative all Park City School District students in grades 6 through 12 receive laptops. The directions below pertain only to the parents of these students. Please follow them carefully so your student may receive a laptop on the day designated by your student's school. Details on laptop distribution vary at each building and more information can be found at the school's website or in the registration packet.
- Go to http://www.gcntraining.com/
- Click Login to View Training
- Select New User - I do not have a Personal ID and click Next
- Enter Organization ID as 70308p and click Submit
- Enter Your Preferred Personal ID (recommended as First Name and Last Name with no spaces) and click Submit
- Complete the following fields keeping in mind:
- This orientation only needs to be completed once per family if the boxes are filled out correctly
- First Name (Legal) and Last Name reference the parent going through the Laptop Orientation
- School, Student First Name, Student Last Name, Student Grade Level reference the OLDEST student belonging to this family in the Park City School District
- Additional Student Names references all other students in grades 6-12 belonging to this family in Park City School District. Please use legal names and enter the school in parenthesis, i.e. Barney Rubble (EHMS), Fred Flinstone (TMJH).
- Email Address reference the parent going through the Laptop Orientation
Logout after finishing the tutorial and make sure you have reviewed and signed both the Internet Acceptable Use Policy and the Electronic Device User Agreement found in your registration packet. Students may not receive their laptop until all three pieces (Orientation, AUP, and EDUA) have been received and recorded by school officials.
Electronic Device Orientation - Spanish
Online Driver's Education Course for PCHS Students - $2
Online Driver's Education Course for PCHS Students - for just $2! The course is offered through the Northern Utah Education Service Center
The course costs $62, paid through a credit card. Once complete, $60.00 will be reimbursed. This course provides the classroom portion. Students still have to take the driver hours (6 hours) and observation hours (6 hours).