End of Year Checkout
June 2, 2020, Sophomore Checkout
- Sophomore Checkout Information and Schedule
- Sophomores keep the district-assigned laptop, charger, and hotspot (if applicable) through the summer and into the next school year.
- If a student is not returning to PCHS next year, the following items must be returned to PCHS:
- Apple MacBook Air
- Apple MagSafe 2 45-watt Power Adapter with the extension cord
- Hotspot with power cord (if applicable)
- It is the student’s responsibility to clean the laptop and charger before the items are collected and inspected by PCSD technology staff.
- Replacement chargers can be purchased at Apple, Best Buy, and Simply Mac for $79.00.
- The replacement charger must be an Apple MagSafe 2 45-watt Power Adapter. Non-Apple chargers will not be accepted
Technology Repair Center Open on Monday and Thursday
Park City School District’s on-site technology service center is available to help all district students, faculty, and staff resolve issues with their district assigned technology devices. The repair center is located at the Park City School District office.
Address: 2700 Kearns Blvd, Park City, Utah
Office Hours: Monday and Thursday 9:00 am to 11:00 am and 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Please note: Users are issued loaner laptops to use while their laptop is being repaired. For this reason, it is critical for users to have files backed up or stored on Google Drive.
The following school communications have gone out to students and parents. If you did not receive them, you can download copies here.
May 20, 2020:
May 4, 2020:
School Registration for the 2020-21 School Year
For information on Returning Student Registration or New Student Enrollment, please see the School Registration page on the Park City School District website.
For additional PCHS new student enrollment information, see our New Student Enrollment page.
For additional PCHS back-to-school information for returning and rising students, see our Back To School Registration Fall 2020 page.
Park City School District posts frequent updates on COVID-19 on its homepage at http://www.pcschools.us, along with important resources from the Utah Department of Health and Summit County Health Department.
Communication During School Dismissal
During this period of at-home learning, email and Canvas will be the primary method of school communication. Students are expected to check their school email daily. Due to increased email load, please be patient and allow at least 48 hours for teachers and staff to respond.
- Teacher email directory
- Technology help (parents, for PowerSchool account help, see the “Parent PowerSchool and Canvas Accounts” section below)
- Counseling staff and Registrar
- Administration and Office staff
- School meal information
Durante este período de aprendizaje en el hogar, el correo electrónico y los mensajes de texto a los padres serán el método principal de comunicación escolar. Debido al aumento de la carga de correos electrónicos, tenga paciencia y espere 48 horas para que los maestros y el personal respondan al correo electrónico.
Park City High School accepts credit from an accredited high school program so there are many ways to recover lost credit.
PCHS offers credit remediation using the Edgenuity platform. A pass/fail grade is issued and is NOT NCAA approved.
If you have any questions about what option is best for you or your student, please make an appointment with your counselor to go over these options in greater detail.
NOTE: As students complete coursework via Edgenuity during the remainder of the 2019-20 school year, they will need to follow the expectations outlined below when they are ready to take any online final exams:
- The student needs to sign up for the date/time he/she wants to take the exam using this link.
- A parent or guardian needs to monitor the final exam at home. The student should confirm their availability before signing up!
- The parent/guardian will be responsible for collecting their child’s cell phone and other devices that could be used to access the Internet.
- The student must restart his/her school-issued computer before the exam. (Remember to keep it charged!)
- Mrs. Payne will unlock the exam after confirmation that the student has restarted his/her computer and is ready to get started. The student will have 10 minutes to start the exam before it locks again. It’s not a race. Students should take their time to avoid having to retake the exam.
- When the student is done, Mrs. Payne will forward the earned credit to the school’s registrar. The registrar will update the student’s transcript as quickly as possible.
Current Issue of the Counselor Connection:
Parent PowerSchool and Canvas Accounts
Parents and Guardians – You will receive information on how to create your own parent PowerSchool (grades and attendance) and Canvas accounts in your student’s Back-to-School Registration packet. With this information, you will create your own usernames and passwords and can link all your district students to your parent account in each system. Parents in separate households can each create their own accounts. (If you set up a Parent Account previously, you can continue using it; you don’t need to create a new one.) To use the PowerSchool Mobile App, our district code is GFGM.
Instructions: Parent Access to PowerSchool and Canvas
***If you need help, please send an email to Ali Gallagher, PCHS Education Technology Specialist. For verification, your email must include:
– The student’s full name and date of birth
– Your full name and relationship to the student
– Your cell phone number
– Your email address
You will receive a response via email (please be patient and allow at least 48 hours for a reply).
School Fees and Fee Waivers
ANNUAL NOTICE: See our School Fees page for information on school fees, fee waivers, meal accounts, extracurricular/sport fees, parking permits, yearbook purchases, and PCEF and PTSO donations. Fee waivers and applications for free or reduced lunch are also available in the Main Office.