New Student Enrollment
New Student Enrollment is for students who are NEW to the Park City School District or former students who are returning after having withdrawn from a district school.
Residency and Guardianship Requirement: To enroll at Park City High School, the student must be living within the school district boundaries with a custodial parent or court-appointed legal guardian. Documentation proving residency is required. See the district's Proof of Residency Policy and Boundary Map pages for information.
Foreign Exchange Students: The district accepts a limited number of International Exchange high school students each year. Applications must be submitted by April via an official J1 Visa Exchange program. Non-Exchange F1 Student Visa enrollments must also begin at the district level. Contact Dena Housel at the District Office, 435-645-5600.
Cannot be Enrolled: Persons who have previously earned a basic secondary school diploma or certificate of completion, from any country or territory, are not eligible for enrollment at Park City High School. Persons older than 18 years as of September 1 are also ineligible. Contact the Adult Education office at 435-615-0209 for potential options for adults.
New Student Enrollment for the 2018-19 School Year:
New student enrollment will begin August 6. (Please note that the enrollment process for August is different--you will NOT use the pre-enrollment packet that was posted here in May.)
PLAN AHEAD! The following will be required for enrollment. Make sure you have copies of the documents with you when you enroll in August. CHECK BACK HERE AFTER JULY 1 FOR COMPLETE ENROLLMENT INSTRUCTIONS.
- 2018-19 New Student Online Registration - Do this first. The online registration will open on August 1st.
- Proof of Residency - See the district policy for a list of acceptable proof documents (en español)
- Guardianship Papers - Required if the student is living with a divorced parent or non-parent legal guardian
- Birth Certificate - Bring a copy of the student's birth certificate (passports acceptable for exchange students only)
- Immunization Record - Students must meet Utah's school immunization requirements for grades 10-12
- High School Transcript (grades 9-12) - You need to bring an unofficial copy with you! We can't request a student's previous school records until AFTER the student is enrolled.
- Winter Sports School Transfers - Per district policy, students transferring from local charter schools must notify the District Office (435-645-5600) in writing no later than June 30 of your intention to enroll your student.
To see our graduation requirements and to see what courses are offered, explore the PCHS Course Catalog. Copies of the Senior, Junior, and Sophomore class registration forms can be printed to use as a worksheet.
2018-19 Term Dates:
Quarter 1 - August 23 to October 26
Quarter 2 - October 29 to January 11
Quarter 3 - January 14 to March 22
Quarter 4 - March 25 to June 5
Graduation - May 31
Park City High School Registrar:The Registrar's office is closed for the summer and will re-open for new student enrollments August 6.
Park City High School
1750 Kearns Blvd.
Park City, UT 84060
P: 435-645-5657 ext. 2067
The Registrar's office is located in the PCHS Counseling Center. Office hours are 7:30am to 3:30pm on school days.
Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA) Transfer Rule:
Any student transferring from one high school to another may lose eligibility for participation in Association-sponsored athletic activities (including varsity, junior varsity, sophomore and freshman) for twelve months from the first day of attendance at the new school. The Association has the discretion to waive all or part of the ineligibility based on evidence of hardship, such as a bona fide change in residence or other special circumstance. For more information, contact the PCHS Athletics & Activities Director, Jamie Sheetz.
- Students New to Park City School District UHSAA Transfer Requirements
- UHSAA Utah High School Activities Association Transfer Information
- For information on PCHS athletics and activities, visit ParkCityMiners.us.
Reference: Utah Laws 53A-2-201 and 53A-2-202, Policy 10010--Student Enrollment. If information becomes available that an enrolled student does not meet any of the criteria listed above and cannot furnish the necessary documentation of residency or guardianship, that student will not be considered a legal resident of the district and enrollment will be terminated. Separate registrations and subsequent documentation must be completed for each child you are registering.