New Student Enrollment
New Student Enrollment is for students who are NEW to the Park City School District or former students who are returning after having withdrawn from a district school. Primary residency within the Park City School District boundaries is required. District policy: Policy 10010--Student Enrollment
- Incoming 10th graders from Treasure Mountain Junior High are automatically transferred to PCHS. You will use the Back-to-School Registration page.
- Pre-enrolled new students (completed all paperwork in May) are ALREADY enrolled. You will get a registration letter in the mail the first week of August. You WILL need to complete ALL parts of Back-to-School Registration.
- Note for transfers from Weilenmann School of Discovery and The Winter Sports School: Per district policy, if you currently live within the district boundary, and your student is currently attending a local charter school, and you would like them to enroll in Park City School District for the 2016-2017 school year, you must notify the district in writing no later than June 30, 2016 of your intention to enroll your student. After June 30, 2016, you must complete an Open Enrollment Form at the district office.
New Student Enrollment Requirements:The Registrar's office is closed for the summer.
New student enrollment will begin August 8 from 8:00am to 3:00pm.
The following steps are required for new student enrollment. The enrollment process will NOT move forward until the online registration is complete and all required documentation is received.
STEP 1 - Complete the online New Student Registration.
You must complete the online registration at least 24 hours before your counselor appointment. If you don't have internet access at home, you can use a computer at the school or at the public library. Be sure to complete all the required information and click the final "Submit" button. You're finished when you get the "Submission Confirmation" screen.
• The 2016-17 New Student Registration link will be posted on or around August 1
STEP 2 - Provide the required enrollment documents to the Registrar.
After completing the online registration, bring the following to the registrar's office in the PCHS Counseling Center. No appointment necessary. You are responsible for providing the required documents at the time of enrollment. PCHS will NOT request records from the previous school until AFTER enrollment is complete. Documents can also be faxed to the registrar at 435-645-5658 or 435-645-5659.
- Proof of Residency - The student must be living with a parent (birth, custodial, adoptive) or legal guardian within the school district boundaries. Bring a completed Proof of Residency Form AND a supporting document showing proof of your primary residency in our boundaries. See the district policy for more information (en español).
- Guardianship Papers - Students under 18 years of age must be living with a parent or legal guardian. If parents are divorced, bring court documents naming you as the primary custodial or joint-custodial parent. Children not living with a parent must have a court-appointed legal guardian. Notarized letters are unacceptable. More info.
- Birth Certificate - Bring a copy of the student's full, legal birth certificate for age, parent, and name verification. We are required to enroll students under their full legal name, as listed on the birth certificate or name-change court document. No passports. (As of 2006, Utah's wallet-size birth card is no longer acceptable for legal purposes.)
- Immunization Record - Bring a copy of your child's complete immunization record. Please review Utah's school immunization requirements. By law, a student may be refused enrollment if his/her immunizations are not up-to-date by Utah's requirements.
- Unofficial School Transcript - A copy of your student's most recent transcript (grade 9 and forward) is required for discussing class placements and transfer of high school credits. Official transcripts will be obtained after enrollment.
- Withdrawal Form - If your student is transferring during the school year, please provide the withdrawal form from their previous school.
- Parent Electronic Device Orientation - Parents must view this online orientation video before the student will receive their school laptop. Go to the Parent Electronic Device Orientation page for instructions (en español).
IMPORTANT! The enrollment process will NOT move forward until the online registration is complete and all required documentation is received by the Registrar.
STEP 3 - Meet with your student's academic counselor to discuss class placement.
After the registrar has reviewed the required enrollment documentation, an appointment will be made with your student's academic counselor. Appointments will NOT be scheduled until Steps 1 and 2 are complete. To prepare for your appointment, review the PCHS Course Catalog to see what classes we offer and to review the graduation requirements.
STEP 4 - Complete the fee payment paperwork and pay fees.
Fee related items (school fees, parking permits, fee waivers, PTSO membership, etc.) are handled through the main office of PCHS. Once your student's class schedule has been made, fees will be assessed.
Important information regarding extracurricular activities:
Any student transferring from one high school to another in grades 9 through 12 shall lose eligibility for participation in Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA) sponsored extracurricular activities for twelve months from the first day of attendance at the new school. Sponsored activities include sports, debate/forensics, music, and drama on the varsity, junior varsity, sophomore and freshman levels. However, the Association has the discretion, but not the requirement, to waive all or part of the ineligibility based on evidence of hardship. For more information:
- Students New to Park City School District UHSAA Transfer Requirements
- UHSAA Utah High School Activities Association Transfer Information
- Contact our Athletics & Activities Director, Jamie Sheetz.
Reference: Utah Laws 53A-2-201 and 53A-2-202, Policy 10010--Student Enrollment. If information becomes available that an enrolled student does not meet any of the criteria listed above and cannot furnish the necessary documentation of residency or guardianship, that student will not be considered a legal resident of the district and enrollment will be terminated. Separate registrations and subsequent documentation must be completed for each child you are registering.