New Student Enrollment
New Student Enrollment is for students who are NEW to the Park City School District or former students who are returning after having withdrawn from a district school.
**RESIDENCY AND GUARDIANSHIP REQUIREMENT**
To enroll at Park City High School, the student and their custodial parent or court-appointed legal guardian must provide documentation that they live within the Park City School District boundaries. See the district's Proof of Residency Policy for a list of acceptable proof of residency documents. To see the district boundary map, see the Boundaries page.
Foreign Exchange Students: The District accepts a limited number of J-1 Visa Foreign Exchange high school students each year; applications must be submitted in April. F-1 Student Visa enrollments must also begin at the District level. Contact Dena Housel at the District Office, 435-645-5600.
NOTE: Persons who have already Graduated from a high school or secondary school (regardless of the country where they graduated), or are older than 18 years as of September 1, cannot be enrolled at Park City High School.
New Student Enrollment for the 2018-19 School Year (NEXT year):
(Packet will be available May 1st) - Use this packet until May 31st ONLY*
We will be pre-enrolling New Students for the 2018-19 school year in May (for new students not currently enrolled in the district). Download or pick up a Pre-Enrollment Packet (you will NOT complete the online registration). Please read the information in the packet carefully. Submit all required paperwork to the Registrar at PCHS. After all required enrollment documents have been reviewed and approved, the Registrar will set up an appointment for you and your student to meet with the counselor to select classes. Appointments will NOT be made until ALL required documents are received.
*THE DEADLINE to complete pre-enrollment is May 31. Paperwork received after May 31 will not be reviewed until August due to graduation and end of year wrap-up. Please note that the enrollment process in August is different--you will not use the pre-enrollment packet. The August enrollment information will posted here in July.
To prepare for your appointment with the counselor, explore the PCHS Course Catalog. Copies of the Senior, Junior, and Sophomore class registration forms can be printed to use as a worksheet.
Questions should be directed to the Registrar, Jennifer Frink, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-645-5657, ext. 2067.
New Student Enrollment for the 2017-18 (current) School Year:
STEP 1 - Complete the online New Student Registration.
Complete the online registration FIRST. You can do this any time. If you don't have internet access at home, you can use a computer at the public library or at the school. Be sure to complete all the required information and click the final "Submit" button. You're finished when you get the "Submission Confirmation" screen.
New Student Online Registration for 2017-18 ONLY - ENGLISH
New Student Online Registration for 2017-18 ONLY - SPANISH
**Do not use these links to enroll for the 2018-19 school year! That process is different--see above.
STEP 2 - Provide the required enrollment documents to the Registrar.
After completing the online registration, bring the following documents to the Registrar in the PCHS Counseling Center during school hours. Documents can also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 435-645-5658. You must provide all required documents at the time of enrollment. PCHS will not request records from the previous school until after the student is enrolled.
- Proof of Residency - To enroll, the student must be living with a parent or court-appointed legal guardian within the district boundaries. Bring a completed Proof of Residency Form AND a supporting document showing proof of your primary residency in our boundaries. See the district policy for more information (en español).
- Guardianship Papers - Per district policy, students must be living with a parent or legal guardian within the district's boundaries. If parents are divorced, bring court documents naming you as the primary- or joint-custodial parent. Children not living with a parent must have a court-appointed legal guardian. Notarized letters are not acceptable. Foreign Exchange Student host parents must have approval from the District Office.
- Birth Certificate - Bring a copy of the student's birth certificate for age, name, and parent verification. We are required to enroll students under their full legal name, as listed on the birth certificate or name-change court document. Passports are not acceptable.
- Immunization Record - Bring a copy of your child's complete immunization record. By law, a student will be refused enrollment if his/her immunizations are not up-to-date by Utah's school immunization requirements. Or, an Exemption may be filed with the Summit County Health Department.
- 5 DTP (4 doses if 4th dose was given on/after the 4th birthday)
- 1 Tdap (after 7 years of age)
- 4 Polio (3 doses if 3rd dose was given on/after the 4th birthday)
- 2 Measles/Mumps/Rubella (first does must be given on/after the 1st birthday)
- 2 Hepatitis A
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Varicella* or history of chickenpox disease (parent must sign “pink card" verification) (*2 doses for 10th graders beginning 2018-19 school year, 1 dose acceptable for 11th and 12th graders)
- 1 Meningococcal (required for 10th graders beginning 2018-19 school year)
- High School Transcript - Bring a copy of your student's high school transcript (grades 9-12). An unofficial copy is fine. It's required for discussing class placements and transfer of high school credits with your counselor.
- IEP or 504 Documentation - If your student was receiving special education services via an IEP or accommodations via a 504, providing us with a copy of those documents at the time of enrollment will greatly speed up the process.
- School Withdrawal Form - If your student is transferring during the school year, please provide the withdrawal form from the previous school showing the student's grades at the time of withdrawal.
- Parent Electronic Device Orientation - Parents must view this online orientation video before the student will receive their school laptop. Go to the Parent Electronic Device Orientation page for instructions (en español).
- Winter Sports School Transfers - Per district policy, if you live within the district boundary, and your student is currently enrolled in a local charter school, and you would like them to enroll in the Park City School District for the 2017-2018 school year, you must notify the district in writing no later than June 30, 2017 of your intention to enroll your student. After June 30, 2017, you must submit an Open Enrollment Form to the District Office.
***IMPORTANT! The enrollment process will NOT move forward until Steps 1 and 2 are complete! The online registration must be complete and all required documentation must be received by the Registrar.
STEP 3 - Meet with a Counselor to create a class schedule.
After reviewing the required enrollment paperwork, the Registrar will make an appointment for you to meet with your assigned Counselor. To prepare for your appointment, review the PCHS Course Catalog to see what classes we offer and review the graduation requirements. Sophomore, Junior, and Senior class selection worksheets are available here.
STEP 4 - Pay school fees.
Once your student's class schedule has been set, school fees will be assessed. See the 2017-18 Fee Payment Form. All fee-related items (school/course fees, parking permits, fee waivers, PTSO membership, etc.) are handled through the Main Office of PCHS. Fees can also be paid online via eFunds. Fee waiver applications are available in the Main Office.
STEP 5 - We will request official records.
After the student is enrolled at PCHS, we will request official records from their previous school. Please make sure we know to request IEP, 504, or ELL records.
2017-18 Term Dates:
Quarter 1 - August 24 to October 27
Quarter 2 - October 30 to January 12
Quarter 3 - January 16 to March 23
Quarter 4 - March 26 to June 6
Graduation - June 1
Park City High School Registrar:
Park City High School
1750 Kearns Blvd.
Park City, UT 84060
P: 435-645-5657 ext. 2067
The Registrar's office is located in the PCHS Counseling Center. Office hours are 7:30am to 3:30pm on school days.
Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA) Transfer Rule:
Any student transferring from one high school to another shall lose eligibility for participation in Association-sponsored athletic activities (including varsity, junior varsity, sophomore and freshman) for twelve months from the first day of attendance at the new school. However, the Association has the discretion to waive all or part of the ineligibility based on evidence of hardship, such as a bona fide change in residence or other special circumstance. For more information, contact the PCHS Athletics & Activities Director, Jamie Sheetz.
- Students New to Park City School District UHSAA Transfer Requirements
- UHSAA Utah High School Activities Association Transfer Information
- For information on PCHS athletics and activities, visit ParkCityMiners.us.
Reference: Utah Laws 53A-2-201 and 53A-2-202, Policy 10010--Student Enrollment. If information becomes available that an enrolled student does not meet any of the criteria listed above and cannot furnish the necessary documentation of residency or guardianship, that student will not be considered a legal resident of the district and enrollment will be terminated. Separate registrations and subsequent documentation must be completed for each child you are registering.