Park City High

New Student Enrollment

New Student Enrollment is for students who are NEW to the Park City School District or former students who are returning after having withdrawn from a district school.

To enroll at Park City High School, the student and their parent/legal guardian must provide documentation that they live within the Park City School District boundaries. See the district's Proof of Residency Policy for a list of acceptable proof of residency documents. To see the district boundary map, see the Boundaries page.

Foreign Exchange Students: The District accepts a limited number of high school foreign exchange students each year. Applications must be submitted in April. Contact Dena Housel at the District Office for information, 435-645-5600.

RISING FROM TREASURE MOUNTAIN JR HIGH: Incoming 10th graders from Treasure Mountain Junior High are automatically transferred to PCHS. You are already enrolled. You will use the Back-to-School Registration page.

PRE-ENROLLED NEW STUDENTS: Pre-enrolled new students (who met with the counselor to create a schedule in May) are already enrolled. You WILL need to complete ALL parts of Back-to-School Registration.

New Student Enrollment for the 2017-18 School Year:

Haz click para descargar Información de Matrícula de Nuevos Estudiantes en español.

STEP 1 - Complete the online New Student Registration.
Complete the online registration FIRST. You can do this any time. If you don't have internet access at home, you can use a computer at the public library or at the school. Be sure to complete all the required information and click the final "Submit" button. You're finished when you get the "Submission Confirmation" screen.
New Student Online Registration for 2017-18 - ENGLISH
New Student Online Registration for 2017-18 - SPANISH
(DO NOT use these links if you are RISING from Treasure Mountain Jr High or you PRE-ENROLLED last spring--you are ALREADY ENROLLED. We will email/mail a "snapcode" to you in August and you'll use the Returning Student Registration. Not sure if you're already enrolled? Email Jennifer.)

STEP 2 - Provide the required enrollment documents to the Registrar.
After completing the online registration, bring the following documents to the Registrar in the PCHS Counseling Center during normal office hours (no appointment necessary). Documents can also be emailed to or faxed to 435-645-5658. You must provide all required documents at the time of enrollment. PCHS cannot request records from the previous school until after the student is enrolled.

  • Proof of Residency - The student must be living with a parent (birth, custodial, adoptive) or legal guardian within the school district boundaries. Bring a completed Proof of Residency Form AND a supporting document showing proof of your primary residency in our boundaries. See the district policy for more information (en español).
  • Guardianship Papers - Students under 18 years of age must be living with a parent or court-appointed legal guardian. If parents are divorced, bring court documents naming you as the primary custodial or joint-custodial parent. Children not living with a parent must have a court-appointed legal guardian, per district policy. Notarized letters are unacceptable. Foreign Exchange Student host parents must have approval from the District Office.
  • Birth Certificate - Bring a copy of the student's birth certificate for age, name, and parent verification. We are required to enroll students under their full legal name, as listed on the birth certificate or name-change court document. Passports are acceptable for Foreign Exchange Students ONLY.
  • Immunization Record - Bring a copy of your child's complete immunization record. By law, a student will be refused enrollment if his/her immunizations are not up-to-date by Utah's school immunization requirements:
    • 5 DTP (4 doses if 4th dose was given on/after the 4th birthday)
    • 1 Tdap (after 7 years of age)
    • 4 Polio (3 doses if 3rd dose was given on/after the 4th birthday)
    • 2 Measles/Mumps/Rubella (first does must be given on/after the 1st birthday)
    • 2 Hepatitis A
    • 3 Hepatitis B
    • 1 Varicella (2 recommended) or history of chickenpox disease (parent must sign “pink card" verification)
  • School Transcript - Bring a copy of your student's high school transcript (grades 9-12). It's required for discussing class placements and transfer of high school credits with your counselor. (We can't request records from the previous school until after the student is enrolled.)
  • Withdrawal Form - If your student is transferring during the school year, please provide the withdrawal form from their previous school.
  • Winter Sports School Transfers - Per district policy, if you live within the district boundary, and your student is currently enrolled in a local charter school, and you would like them to enroll in the Park City School District for the 2017-2018 school year, you must notify the district in writing no later than June 30, 2017 of your intention to enroll your student. After June 30, 2017, you must submit an Open Enrollment Form to the District Office.

IMPORTANT! The enrollment process will NOT move forward until the online registration is complete and all required documentation is received by the Registrar.

STEP 3 - Meet with your Counselor to create your class schedule.
After the Registrar has reviewed the required enrollment paperwork, she will make an appointment for you to meet with a Counselor. Appointments will NOT be scheduled until Steps 1 and 2 are complete! To prepare for your appointment, review the PCHS Course Catalog to see what classes we offer and to review the graduation requirements. Sophomore, Junior, and Senior class selection worksheets are available here.

STEP 4 - Complete the fee payment paperwork and pay fees.
Once your student's class schedule has been set, fees will be assessed. See the 2017-18 Fee Payment Form. All fee-related items (school/course fees, parking permits, fee waivers, PTSO membership, etc.) are handled through the Main Office of PCHS. Fees can also be paid online via eFunds for Schools. Fee waiver applications are available in the Main Office.

2017-18 Term Dates:

Quarter 1 - August 24 to October 27
Quarter 2 - October 30 to January 12
Quarter 3 - January 16 to March 23
Quarter 4 - March 26 to June 6
Graduation - June 1

Park City High School Registrar:

Jennifer Frink
Park City High School
1750 Kearns Blvd.
Park City, UT 84060
P: 435-645-5657 ext. 2067
F: 435-645-5658

The Registrar's office is located in the PCHS Counseling Center. Office hours are 7:00am to 3:30pm on school days.

Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA) Transfer Rule:

Any student transferring from one high school to another shall lose eligibility for participation in Association-sponsored athletic activities (including varsity, junior varsity, sophomore and freshman) for twelve months from the first day of attendance at the new school. However, the Association has the discretion to waive all or part of the ineligibility based on evidence of hardship, such as a bona fide change in residence or other special circumstance. For more information:

Reference: Utah Laws 53A-2-201 and 53A-2-202, Policy 10010--Student Enrollment. If information becomes available that an enrolled student does not meet any of the criteria listed above and cannot furnish the necessary documentation of residency or guardianship, that student will not be considered a legal resident of the district and enrollment will be terminated. Separate registrations and subsequent documentation must be completed for each child you are registering.