National Honor Society
· Sticker Boards are updated, if you have any questions about what requirements you have met, check the boards in Mr. Murphy's room!!
· The next meeting is April 9th. Make sure ALL members attend!
These will be posted on the poster boards in Mr. Murphy’s room. If you would like to be e-mailed a copy, please contact Jillian Queri. Please check to see that our records of your participation are correct and talk to a board member about any discrepancies. Members who have not met their requirements will not receive credit for participation & will not receive their certificate/sash.
- 5 service hours per quarter
- 4 group projects
- Participation in the Food Drive
- 2 group projects for the 5K
4 extra hours
· Failure to turn in summer hours
· Missing two or more meetings without notifying an officer
· Missing two or more group project of fundraiser shifts without notifying an officer
2 extra hours
· Failure to turn in quarter hours
Officer Contact Information:
President: Zach Carfi (203) 313-8319
Vice President: Jack Runburg (435) 962-0542435 513 0447435 513 0447
Secretary: Jillian Queri (435) 513-1634
Treasurer: Patrick O'Brien (435) 729-0311
Historian: Emily Cannon (435) 901-0400
Head of Communications: Riley Runburg (435) 962-0541
Junior Board Representative: Kayla Guillory (435) 714-2397
- There are three group projects at the Food Bank in Salt Lake that are coming up! March 30th, April 6th, and April 13th. The address for the Food Bank is 3150 S 900 W. There will NOT be a carpool organized by the board for the March 30th project but we will organize one for both April projects. The group project is from 8-10 am. Make sure you are there on time.
- Remeber that you will only be able to do 2 group projects for the 5K. These do not count toward your 4 group projects, they are required for the club.
- REMINDER!!!! All members MUST complete 4 group projects per year. The board will notify all members on this page, Facebook, through emails, and at the meetings when there is an opportunity for group projects. The board will organize 2-3 group projects per month so there is NO excuse to be short on group projects. If you have any questions about group projects, or how many you have completed, please contact a board member.
- The 5K will be held May 27th, 2013!
- All members of NHS are REQUIRED to complete 2 group projects for the 5K. These projects can be: advertising, gift baskets, designing a t-shirt, designing the memorial wall, running the 5K, set up and clean up, and water stations.
- We will discuss the 5K in detail at our next meeting.
**Remeber that all members are REQUIRED to turn in 4 hours of community service per quarter!**
· Please keep track of whether or not you owe probation hours. Talk to a board member if you have any confusion of where you stand with our records.
Individual Service Opportunity Hours
Black Diamond Gymnastics needs volunteers February 21st at pm and February 23rd at 8 pm to help set
up and break down equipment. It will be at Newpark Recreation Center.
Big Brothers Big Sisters
· If you are interested in being a mentor to an elementary school student contact Lindsey Gunderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up outside Mr. Murphy’s room. For more information visit www.bbbsu.org.
National Ability Center
· They are looking for people to help with their aquatic, archery, and cycling programs. Contact Evan Kessler at 435-649-3991 ext 607 or email@example.com