If you are planning on becoming a collegiate athlete after graduating from PCHS, you will need to understand the process of eligibility for the NCAA. On this page you will find resources that can help you navigate the NCAA eligibility process.
What is the NCAA?
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) is a voluntary organization through which the nation's colleges and universities govern their athletics programs. It is comprised of institutions, conferences, organizations and individuals committed to the best interests, education and athletics participation of student-athletes.
What is the mission of the NCAA?
The NCAA Mission Statement consists of two concepts of ideology: Core purpose and Core Values.
Core purpose: The purpose is to govern competition in a fair, safe, equitable and sportsmanlike manner, and to integrate intercollegiate athletics into higher education so that the educational experience of the student-athlete is paramount.
Core Values: The Association - through its member institutions, conferences and national office staff - shares a belief in and commitment to:
- The collegiate model of athletics in which students participate as an avocation, balancing their academic, social and athletics experiences.
- The highest levels of integrity and sportsmanship.
- The pursuit of excellence in both academics and athletics.
- The supporting role that intercollegiate athletics plays in the higher education mission and in enhancing the sense of community and strengthening the identity of member institutions.
- An inclusive culture that fosters equitable participation for student-athletes and career opportunities for coaches and administrators from diverse backgrounds.
- Respect for institutional autonomy and philosophical differences.
- Presidential leadership of intercollegiate athletics at the campus, conference and national levels.
For more information
For more detailed information about the NCAA, please go to www.ncaa.org.
- To begin the eligibility process, please go to www.eligibilitycenter.org
- Eligibility Standards D-I and D-II Quick Reference Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Approved PCHS Courses (Please use school code 450290 for PCHS).