Community Scholarship Program
Community Scholarship Program for 2015 Seniors
April 1, 2015 - Community Scholarship Applications available.
April 24, 2015 - Community Scholarship Applications due by 3pm
June 2, 2015 – Community Scholarship Awards Ceremony, Eccles Center at 8 a.m.
Community Scholarship Application
2015 Community Scholarship Application
2015 List of Community Scholarships
List of Community Scholarships
Park City High School Community Scholarship Program
2015 is our 28th year of the Community Scholarship Program. This program continues to recognize and reward graduating seniors as well as provide much needed scholarship funds. We have donations from dedicated Park City families, private donors and local businesses and we cannot thank them enough for their continued support.
For many of our students the cost of college is a stretch and they are working part-time jobs as well as seeking scholarship funds. We have many first generation students attending college and many who struggle to meet the basic necessities.
We hope to build this program to continue to award scholarships to our hardworking and deserving seniors of the graduating class 2015!
If you are interested in making a donation to the Community Scholarship fund, please contact Heather Heinz Briley, the PCHS Scholarship Advisor. You an also donate through the Live PC Give PC Donors program at http://livepcgivepc.razoo.com/story/Pcscholarships
Below are the steps in the Community Scholarship Process:
1. Each donor determines the criteria for the recipient of their Community Scholarship. The donor will provide the name, dollar amount and quantity of scholarships.
2. Seniors may apply for up to three Community Scholarships. They should apply for the scholarships for which they best meet the criteria that are established by the donor.
3. A review committee consisting of at least three people, sometimes including the donor, is established for each scholarship.
4. The review process is blind, meaning that the reviewers will not see your name in the process. The scholarship donors or volunteers will review applicants based on your scholarship selection.
5. I encourage all seniors to apply for community scholarships. Not all applicants will receive a scholarship. This is competitive process, so please make sure to complete your application to the best of your ability. You will be notified if you have received a scholarship before the awards ceremony, which is held June 2nd.
6. You must request your scholarship and show proof of enrollment by October 1, 2015. Checks will be sent directly to your institution for tuition and fees. If you pay your tuition bill and show proof of payment, your check may be written to you for reimbursement on a case by case basis.
7. If you defer your admissions, you will have two years to collect your scholarship. You must show proof an approved college deferment (LDS mission, military service or other approved deferment requests). If you do not defer your admissions and do not collect your scholarship by October 1st, 2015, your scholarship will go back to the donor or to the general scholarship fund.
An Awards Ceremony will be held at 8:00 a.m., on Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015 in the Eccles Center to celebrate the scholarship recipients. Please tentatively plan on attending with your parents and/or family. You will be notified if you have received a scholarship prior to the ceremony.
For more information about the Park City Community Scholarship Program, contact Heather Heinz Briley, Scholarship Advisor