2019-20 Class Schedule Review and ClassChoice
Current PCHS Juniors and Sophomores will be able to review their 2019-2020 class schedules in PowerSchool beginning after school Friday, May 10, through Monday morning, May 13. When it’s available, you will see a “Future Schedule” icon in the left menu in your PowerSchool account–click on it and you’ll see a matrix of your class schedule. Please review your schedule.
Most students received a complete schedule. However, if the schedule is incomplete, due to class conflicts, students will have the opportunity to make changes through our new ClassChoice program beginning May 13. ClassChoice is the online scheduling program Park City High School will use to allow our students to access and adjust their class schedule for the upcoming school year. It allows students more freedom to make changes to their schedule in live time and see all their available options at any moment.
To assist students with completing their schedule, the PCHS Master Schedule is posted below. Please note, the master schedule was built and filled based on the requests the students made during registration in March. Therefore, many classes are already at capacity and cannot be overfilled. Also note, that sometimes teacher assignments, periods a course is offered, room numbers, etc., can change over the summer.
ClassChoice will NOT be available during school hours. The system will open sometime after school, typically between 2:30 and 4:30pm, and will close at 7:00am.
- The Class of 2020 (current Juniors) will have access starting after school Monday, May 13th.
- The Class of 2021 (current Sophomores) will have access starting after school Wednesday, May 15th.
- ClassChoice will CLOSE for ALL students at 7:00am on Monday, May 20th.
Counselors will ONLY be available to answer questions about 2019-2020 schedules during after school drop-in sessions Tuesday, May 14th, through Friday, May 17th, from 2:30-3:30pm.
For best results, use a computer, not a mobile device. If it doesn’t appear to be working in one browser, try a different one. ***BEFORE you change anything in ClassChoice, we recommend you make a copy of your schedule and sketch out a plan on paper first. Once you make changes in ClassChoice, they’re set, and there is NO undo.
Reminders and Tips:
- Read the Instruction Sheet on How to Use ClassChoice and read ALL instructions and warnings included on the ClassChoice screens.
- Please be mindful of graduation requirements before making any changes – there is a tool in ClassChoice to help you estimate your graduation progress.
- Place your cursor over the course name in your schedule or course number in your requests to see the other periods/terms a particular course is offered.
- Only courses that you are able to enroll in will appear. Courses that are full, have unmet prerequisites, or are not offered to your grade level will not be available to you.
- Not sure what a course is about, what its prerequisites are, or what grade levels can take it? Download the PCHS Course Catalog and read the course descriptions.
- The counselors DO NOT have access to overload courses. If a student does not see an available seat, the counselors will not either. If a class is full, it’s FULL.
- Be very careful when dropping a class, as other students will be online at the same time looking for classes. If they choose the class that you just dropped, and the class is full, it will no longer be available to you. There is NO undo.
- Do not close out the session until all periods are filled.
- Changes to teacher assignments, periods a course is offered, room numbers, etc., MAY OCCUR over the summer. The spring version of your schedule MAY NOT match your August version. Final schedules will be available in PowerSchool (and paper copies can be picked up) on the morning of the first day of school.
After students have been given the opportunity to make changes in ClassChoice and it closes, counselors will ONLY change schedules for the following reasons:
- There is a missing graduation requirement or an empty period in the student’s schedule
- The student hasn’t met a prerequisite requirement
- The course change is medically necessary
- The course change is a level change due to class failure or missing graduation requirement
- Teacher-suggested academic placement
Remember, the counselors DO NOT have access to overload courses. If a student does not see an available seat, the counselors will not either.