2019-20 Class Schedule Review in ClassChoice
This year, there is a BIG CHANGE to the process for requesting a change to your class schedule before school starts.
DO NOT email your counselor for a schedule change.
August 9-13 ONLY: Students will be given the opportunity to view and potentially make adjustments to their class schedules online via ClassChoice. ClassChoice is a new scheduling program Park City High School uses to allow our students to access and adjust their class schedule for the upcoming school year. It allows students more freedom to make changes to their schedule in live time and see all their available options at any moment.
NO schedule changes will be accepted August 14-19 as we finalize the class rosters and teachers begin preparing for their classes. Beginning August 20, class change requests must be made in person in the Counseling Office. Students have only FIVE DAYS after each Semester begins to request a change.
IMPORTANT: Class schedules are always subject to change prior to the first day of school. Students will receive their FINAL class schedule on Tuesday, August 20, between 7:00 and 7:30 in the main lobby, or check PowerSchool that morning. PowerSchool will re-open to parents and students shortly before school starts. Student passwords will be re-set on August 14 and students will get their new password when they pick up their laptop.
ClassChoice will open August 9th at 7:00am.
ClassChoice will close on August 13th at 11:00pm.
- Link to ClassChoice: CLOSED
- Instruction Sheet on How to Use ClassChoice –Please read!!
***BEFORE you change anything in ClassChoice, we recommend you make a copy of your schedule and sketch out a plan on paper first. Download the 2019-20 PCHS Master Schedule Grid first, map it out, then check class availability in ClassChoice. Make sure ALL the classes you want to change are available BEFORE you change anything. Once you make a change in ClassChoice, it’s set, and there is NO undo. If you drop a class that’s full, you won’t be able to get back in if you change your mind.
Important Reminders and Tips:
- Read the Instruction Sheet on How to Use ClassChoice and read ALL instructions and warnings included on the ClassChoice screens.
- Be mindful of graduation requirements before making any changes – there is a tool in ClassChoice to help you estimate your graduation progress.
- Only courses that are available to you will appear. Courses that are full, have unmet prerequisites, or are not offered to your grade level will NOT be available to you.
- If a class is full, it’s FULL. The counselors DO NOT have access to overload courses. If a student does not see an available seat, the counselors will not either.
- Place your cursor over the course name or course number to see the other periods/terms a particular course is offered.
- Be very careful when dropping a class, as other students will be online at the same time looking for classes. If they choose the class that you just dropped, and the class is full, it will no longer be available to you. There is NO undo.
- Do not close out the session until all periods are filled.
- Not sure what a course is about, what its prerequisites are, or what grade levels can take it? See our PCHS Course Catalog.
- The PCHS Master Schedule was built and classes were filled based on the requests the students made during registration in March. Therefore, many classes are already at capacity and cannot be overfilled. The master schedule is always subject to change before the first day of school.
- Please read our Schedule Change Policy.
Remember, the counselors DO NOT have access to overload courses. If you don’t see an available seat, the counselors won’t either.
Beginning the first day of school, class change requests must be made in person in the Counseling Office. Students have only FIVE DAYS after each Semester begins to request a change. Counselors will ONLY change schedules for the following reasons:
- There is an empty period in the student’s schedule.
- A senior is a missing graduation requirement.
- The student already completed the course.
- The student hasn’t met a prerequisite requirement.
- The course change is medically necessary.
- A level change is necessary due to failing a class.
- Teacher-suggested academic placement.