New Student Enrollment is for students who are:
(1) NEW to the Park City School District, or
(2) former district students who are returning after having withdrawn from a district school.
Residency and Guardianship Requirement: Per district policy, to enroll at Park City High School, the student must be living within the school district boundaries with a custodial parent or court-appointed legal guardian. Two documents proving residency are required — see the district’s Proof of Residency Policy and Boundary Map or call the District Office.
International and Foreign Exchange Students: The high school accepts a limited number of Foreign Exchange students each year. Applications are submitted to the District Office via a J1 Visa Exchange agency by April 30 (for enrollment in the following school year). F1 International Student Visa enrollments require payment of tuition and also begin at the District Office. Contact Dena Housel at 435-645-5600.
Cannot be Enrolled: Persons who have already earned a secondary school diploma or certificate of completion, from any country or territory, are not eligible for enrollment at Park City High School. Persons who turn 18 years old before September 2, 2018, are not eligible to enroll per Utah Admin Code Rule R277-419. Contact Adult Education at the district office (435-615-0209) for options for adults.
New Student Enrollment Process:
See full enrollment details below and/or download a New Student Enrollment Packet (Información de Matrícula de Nuevos Estudiantes en español).
STEP 1: Complete the online New Student Registration.
You must complete the online registration FIRST. If you don’t have internet access at home, you can use a computer at the public library or at the school. Complete all the required information and click the final “Submit” button. You’re finished when you get the “Submission Confirmation” screen.
New Student Online Registration for 2018-19 – ENGLISH
New Student Online Registration for 2018-19 – SPANISH
STEP 2: Provide the required enrollment documents to the Registrar.
AFTER completing the online registration, bring the following required documents to the Registrar in the PCHS Counseling Center between 8:00am-3:00pm, or email them to email@example.com, or fax them to 435-645-5658.
***YOU must provide all required documents. Your previous school can give you copies of your child’s school records, birth certificate, and/or immunizations. Or you can ask them to fax/email copies directly to us.
- Proof of Residency – To enroll, the student must be living with a parent or legal guardian within the district boundaries. Bring a completed Proof of Residency Form (en español) AND TWO (2) supporting proof documents. See the district policy for more information.
- Guardianship Papers – Per district policy, students must be living with their parent(s) or a legal guardian within the district’s boundaries. If parents are divorced, bring court documents naming you as the primary- or joint-custodial parent. Children not living with a parent must have a court-appointed legal guardian (documentation is required). Notarized letters are unacceptable. Foreign Exchange Student host parents must have District approval.
- Birth Certificate – Bring a copy of the student’s birth certificate for age, legal name, and parent verification. Wallet cards and passports are not acceptable.
- Immunization Record – Bring a copy of your child’s complete immunization record. An official exemption form is also an option. See the Immunizations page for more information. Please review Utah’s school immunization requirements—they may be different than the state you’re coming from:
- 5 DTP (4 doses if 4th dose was given on/after the 4th birthday)
- 1 Tdap (after 7 years of age)
- 4 Polio (3 doses if 3rd dose was given on/after the 4th birthday)
- 2 Measles/Mumps/Rubella (first dose must be given on/after the 1st birthday)
- 2 Hepatitis A
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Varicella* or history of chickenpox disease (a document signed by a healthcare provider is required to verify history) (*2 doses required for 10th grade beginning fall 2018. 1 dose acceptable for 11th and 12th grade.)
- 1 Meningococcal (required for 10th grade beginning fall 2018)
- High School Transcript (unofficial) – Bring a copy of the student’s high school transcript (grades 9-12) for discussing class placements and transfer of high school credits.
- School Withdrawal Form (required if transferring during the school year) – Bring the withdrawal form from your previous school showing your student’s grades at the time of withdrawal.
- IEP or 504 Documentation – If your student was receiving special education services via an IEP or accommodations via a 504, providing us with a copy of those documents at the time of enrollment will greatly speed up the process.
- Parent Electronic Device Orientation – Parents must view this online orientation video before the student will receive their school laptop. Go to the Parent Electronic Device Orientation page for instructions (en español).
- Winter Sports School Transfers – Per district policy, if you live within the district boundary, and your student is currently enrolled in a local charter school, and you would like them to enroll in the Park City School District for the 2018-2019 school year, you must notify the district in writing no later than June 30, 2018 of your intention to enroll your student. After June 30, 2018, you must submit an Open Enrollment Form to the District Office.
***IMPORTANT! The enrollment process will NOT move forward until Steps 1 and 2 above are complete!
STEP 3: Meet with a Counselor to create a class schedule.
AFTER the online registration is complete AND all required documents have been approved, the Registrar will make an appointment for you to meet with your assigned Counselor. To prepare for your appointment, review the PCHS Course Catalog to see our class offerings and to review our graduation requirements. Class selection worksheets are available.
STEP 4: Miscellaneous.
School fees/waivers, parking permits, PTSO membership, athletics registration, etc. are handled through the main office.
Bus info: www.pcschools.us > Departments > Transportation.
Lunch/breakfast info: www.pcschools.us > Departments > Child Nutrition/Menus.
PCHS Student Handbook: pchs.pcschools.us > Students/Faculty > Student Handbook.
STEP 5: Official records will be requested AFTER enrollment.
We will request official records from the student’s previous school AFTER the student is enrolled and has met with the counselor, not before. Please make sure we know to request IEP, 504, or ELL records.
Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA) Transfer Rule:
Any student transferring from one high school to another may lose eligibility for participation in Association-sponsored athletic activities (including varsity, junior varsity, sophomore and freshman) for twelve months from the first day of attendance at the new school. However, the Association has the discretion to waive all or part of the ineligibility based on evidence of hardship, such as a bona fide change in residence or other special circumstance. For more information, contact the PCHS Athletics & Activities Director, Jamie Sheetz.
- Students New to Park City School District UHSAA Transfer Requirements
- UHSAA Utah High School Activities Association Transfer Information
- For information on PCHS athletics and activities, visit ParkCityMiners.us.
2018-19 Term Dates:
1st Semester begins August 23 and ends January 11
Quarter 1 – August 23 to October 26
Quarter 2 – October 29 to January 11
2nd Semester begins January 14 and ends June 5
Quarter 3 – January 14 to March 22
Quarter 4 – March 25 to June 5
Graduation – May 31
Park City High School Registrar:
Park City High School
1750 Kearns Blvd.
Park City, UT 84060
435-645-5657 ext. 2067
The Registrar’s office is in the PCHS Counseling Center. Office hours are 7:15am to 3:00pm on school days.
Reference: Utah Laws 53A-2-201 and 53A-2-202, Policy 10010–Student Enrollment. If information becomes available that an enrolled student does not meet any of the criteria listed above and cannot furnish the necessary documentation of residency or guardianship, that student will not be considered a legal resident of the district and enrollment will be terminated. Separate registrations and subsequent documentation must be completed for each child you are registering.