PCHS Schedule Change Policy
It is important to realize that the PCHS master schedule is based upon the student requests made during class registration in spring of the previous year. In order to be fiscally responsible, the number of course sections within each subject area are based on those projections. Counselors spend a considerable amount of time in the spring ensuring students have the courses needed for graduation and their chosen electives or alternates, as requested. When a first choice elective or alternate selection is not able to fit in a student’s schedule, the counselor meets with the student to find a solution. Once requests are scheduled, it is difficult to make a schedule change because many classes will be at or near capacity. Therefore we anticipate minimal options for schedule changes.
- Changes will NOT be made for preferred lunch, teacher, or to be scheduled with a friend.
- Because of the impact and disruption changes have on class size and to ensure the balance of class loads, class capacities will NOT be overfilled.
Schedule Corrections Prior to the First Day of School:
Prior to the first day of school, students can request a class change when an ERROR has occurred. You can request a correction using our online Schedule Change Request Form. The form link will be posted on the PCHS website and will be open for a limited time. Schedule change requests will NOT be accepted via email. Reasons for a schedule correction include:
- Did not receive a course required for graduation
- Enrolled in a course you have already completed and received credit
- Enrolled in a course for which you have not met the prerequisite
- Do not have a full schedule of 8 classes
- Received a course you did not request as an original or alternate during registration
- Want to move up or down a level in a core course (per teacher recommendation)
Requests for Schedule Changes during the School Year:
Once the school year is underway, students may ONLY request a schedule change within the first FIVE DAYS of the SEMESTER. Requests for schedule changes outside the change window will require a student-initiated meeting with Administration. Reasons for schedule changes could include: medical condition/504 Plan, IEP, CCR, Safe School Violation or a new transfer student to PCHS.