Let’s review what you should NOT do with your district-assigned laptop:
- Never have liquid of any kind near the laptop.
- Make sure to close the lid on your water bottle when it is in your backpack with the laptop.
- Do not squeeze the laptop between books or other objects inside of your backpack;
- Do not stack heavy items on the laptop.
- Never hold the laptop by the screen.
- Never place objects such as pens, pencils, or earbuds on the keyboard.
- Do not write on the laptop or place stickers on it unless you have a removable hard shell case.
- When the weather is especially hot (over 95 degrees) or cold (below 45 degrees) do not leave the laptop in your car.
What you should DO to keep your district-assigned laptop in good working order:
- Clean the laptop with a clean, soft cotton cloth. The cloth can be slightly damp but not wet.
- Never spray a liquid solution directly on the keyboard or monitor;
- Keep staples and paperclips away from the laptop. These items can easily become lodged in the magnetic power port and/or scratch the screen.
- Remove the little silica gel packet from inside your laptop case. If the packet breaks open, the little beads can get stuck in the headphone jack on the side of the laptop.