Ms. Kathleen Waller, MS
0R - AP Physics I/II Lab
1R - AP Physics I/II
2R - AP Physics 1
3R - AP Physics 1
4R - Prep
1W - AP Physics 2
2W - AP Physics C
3W - AP Physics 1
4W - Prep
Ten Good Reasons To Take Physics
For most students taking a high school physics class is a challenge, but it's well worth the effort for the following reasons:
- Most modern technology involves physics.
- An understanding of physics leads to a better understanding of almost any other science.
- Physics classes help polish the skills needed to score well on the ACT and SAT.
- College recruiters recognize the value of physics classes.
- College success for virtually all science, computing, engineering, and premedical majors depends in part on passing physics.
- Physics classes hone thinking skills.
- The job market for people with skills in physics is strong.
- Knowledge of physics is helpful for understanding the arts.
- To understand physics is to better understand politics, history, and culture.
- Physics offers a deep and unique perspective in itself: There is quite simply no other area of study quite like it.
Recommended Graphing Calculators
- I realize graphing calculators can be expensive, however you are making an investment in your future.
- By choosing from the AP college list of recommended calculators, you are purchasing a calculator that you will use through high school and college.
- The following link lists graphing calculators permitted on AP math and science exams, http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/calculus_ab/calc.html?calcab#list
- My personal favorite is the TI-84 Plus.