Skip To Main Content
Park City High School

Concurrent Enrollment (CE)

Concurrent Enrollment (CE) is a University-High School partnership program where qualified students can earn college credit.  College classes are taught at Park City High School by college-approved Park City High School teachers using college curriculum and assessment. Some classes can count towards college general education requirements, while others count as specific requirements towards a college major. For more information, see the Frequently Asked Questions section below.

How do I Enroll in CE Courses?

TO BE ELIGIBLE for concurrent enrollment courses and college credit, you must:
(1) have the PCHS equivalent course in your PCHS class schedule, and
(2) qualify for and complete the college's admissions and registration process for the college course. 

TO EARN COLLEGE CREDIT, you must complete the college's admissions and registration processes. Your teacher will provide information to help you enroll and register with the college. Typically, there are three steps:
(1) You need to be admitted to the college that is providing the curriculum.
(2) You need to register for the CE college course, which may require prerequisites or placement testing.
(3) You need to pay the tuition or course fees.
NOTE: The college will have deadlines for admissions, prerequisites or testing, course registration, tuition payments, appeals, withdrawals, and refunds.  

For Utah Valley University (UVU) Concurrent Enrollment:

For Weber State University (WSU) Concurrent Enrollment:

PCHS Concurrent Enrollment Courses

CE eligible courses are listed below. Course offerings and eligibility are subject to change year to year. Some courses are only offered every other year or on a three-year rotation--refer to the PCHS Course Catalog. Students may need to meet college-mandated eligibility requirements. If you have questions, ask your teacher or our CTE Director, Lyndsay Huntsman.

  • AP Biology = UVU BIOL 1610/1615 College Biology I/Lab
  • AP Environmental Science = UVU ENVT 1110 Introduction to Environmental Management
  • AP Psychology = UVU PSY 1010 General Psychology
  • AP Statistics = UVU STAT 1040 Intro to Stats (must apply for credit after passing the AP exam)
  • Biotechnology = UVU BTEC 1010 Fundamentals of Biotechnology
  • Business Management = UVU MGMT 1010 Intro to Business
  • CAD Architectural Design 1 = WSU IDT 1050 Architectural Drafting
  • CAD Architectural Design 2 = WSU BDC 1350 Residential Design & Codes
  • CAD Architectural Design 3 = WSU CMT 2360 Commercial Design and Codes
  • CAD Mechanical Design 1 = UVU EGDT 1040 Computer Aided Drafting-AutoCAD
  • CAD Mechanical Design 2 - UVU EGDT 1071 3D Modeling Solidworks
  • Construction Management 1 = WSU CMT 1100 Construction Management Orientation
  • Construction Management 2 = WSU CMT 1150 Construction Graphics
  • Culinary 1 = UVU CA 1000 Culinary Basics
  • Culinary 2 = UVU CA 1000 Culinary Basics (for first-time credit only)
  • Drawing 1 = UVU ART 1020 Basic Drawing I
  • Drone Aviation = UVU AVSC 1410 Aeronautical Knowledge for Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems
  • Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) = UVU HLTH 1200 First Aid
  • English 1010 = UVU ENGL 1010 Intro to Writing
  • English 2010 = UVU ENGL 2010 Intermediate Writing
  • Financial Literacy = UVU FIN 1060 Personal Finance
  • French 3116 = UVU FREN 3116 Living in French
  • French 3117 = UVU FREN 3117 Invitation to Travel
  • French 3118 = UVU FREN 3118 Paris, Ville des Lumières--Paris, City of Lights
  • Geology = UVU GEO 1010/1015 Introduction to Geology/Lab
  • Hospitality Management = UVU HM 1010 Introduction to Hospitality Industry
  • Intro to Automotive = UVU AUT 1000/100L Survey of Automotive Technology/Lab
  • Math 1010 Intermediate Algebra = UVU MAT 1010 Intermed Algebra
  • Math 1030 Quantitative Reasoning = UVU MAT 1030 Quant. Reasoning
  • Math 1040 Introduction to Statistics = UVU STAT 1040 Intro to Stats
  • Math 1050 College Algebra = UVU MATH 1050 College Algebra
  • Math 1060 Trigonometry = UVU MATH 1060 Trigonometry
  • PCCAPS Business Solutions = UVU COMM 1020 Public Speaking
  • PCCAPS Teacher Education = UVU EDEL 1010 Introduction to Education
  • Private Pilot = UVU AVSC 1100 Ground Private Pilot
  • Spanish 3116 DLI/CE = UVU SPAN 3116 Pop Culture of the Spanish-Speaking World
  • Spanish 3117 DLI/CE = UVU SPAN 3117 Breaking Down Walls-Building Identities
  • Spanish 3118 DLI/CE = UVU SPAN 3118 Literature and Film-Contemporary issues
  • Sports Medicine/Exercise Science = UVU PES 2400 Sports Injuries
  • Web Development 1 = UVU INFO 2420 Web Application Design
  • Web Development 2 = UVU DGM 2470 Web Design

Concurrent Enrollment FAQ

What is Concurrent Enrollment and why enroll in concurrent classes?
Concurrent Enrollment (CE) is a University–High School partnership program where qualified students can earn college credit. College classes are taught at Park City High School by college-approved Park City High School teachers using college curriculum and assessment. Some classes can count towards general education college requirements, while others count as specific requirements towards a college major.  Why enroll in in concurrent classes?  (1) Earn credit for both high school graduation and college coursework. (2) Take your classes at Park City High School with your teachers and peers. (3) Learn study habits, writing skills, and test-taking tips that prepare you for college.

Where are my college credits and how do I get them?
Your college credits are recorded at the college. You need to contact the college Registrar's office at Utah Valley University (801-863-8468) or Weber State University (801-626-6100) directly to access those credits and your college transcript.  PCHS doesn't have access to your college transcripts.

Which college is PCHS’s curriculum provider?
Each high school is a member of a “higher education” service provider and ours is Utah Valley University. Most of the concurrent enrollment courses we offer are through Utah Valley University, however, when they are unable to offer classes for our students to take, we have the opportunity to contract with other colleges, such as Weber State University. The classes are recorded on the student’s college transcript just as if they were a college student. Most in-state schools will transfer credits from one university to another. Out of state schools will need to be contacted individually to see if credits will transfer.

Who is eligible to participate?
High school students must meet the university’s concurrent enrollment admissions and registration requirements. Some courses have college-mandated prerequisites, such as GPA and ACT score requirements, or placement testing. Students may self-select into CE courses. Students should be very thoughtful about registering for advanced-level courses or accelerated programs. Seats in regular-level courses may not be available should advanced courses prove too challenging. Successful CE students tend to fit the same profile: (1) They’re independent learners, self advocates, and persistent in mastering content; (2) They’re not afraid to fail the first time and to take risks, as learning is more important than grades; (3) They possess superior executive functioning skills, like organization and time management, in order to complete tasks quickly and efficiently; and (4) They accept and embrace the possibility of an increase in work load and time commitment.

What are the expectations of concurrent students?
Commitment to rigorous coursework, maintain 90% attendance, and complete assignments required by the college. Concurrent course grades and credits are applied to both your high school transcript AND your permanent college transcript—students should take their CE courses seriously. 504 and IEP accommodations are determined by the college issuing credit and may be different than those provided by PCHS.

What do CE courses cost?
The costs associated with concurrent enrollment courses is minimal compared to the cost of the same class taken on a college campus. Financial assistance is available for college registration fees and tuition, if needed.

How do I complete the admissions and registration process?
Your teacher will provide information to help you register for the college courses. Refer to the college’s Concurrent Enrollment website (links above) for details, deadlines, contact information, etc. Note that the college has deadlines for admissions, prerequisite test scores/transcripts, course registration and tuition payment, appeals, withdrawals, and refunds. College deadlines do not get extended!