Per the Board of Education, this recognition will be phased out in 2025.
PCHS graduates will be eligible for a Board of Education Silver or Gold Academic Seal of Distinction on their diploma. Students must meet additional eligibility requirements in grades 9-12 to qualify. If you have questions, refer to PCSD Policy 9080-Graduation Requirements or contact your Counselor.
Interested students must submit the following documentation to their Counselor.
Academic Seal Intent to Qualify Form (includes the Verification of Community Service Form)
Requirements for the Board of Education Silver Academic Seal include:
- Successful completion of a minimum of 28 credits in grades 9-12, including the following distribution requirements:
- 4.0 units of Language Arts
- 4.0 units of Social Studies, including Geography, World History, U.S. History, and U.S. Government
- 4.0 units of Mathematics
- 4.0 units of Science, including at least two of the following: Biology, Chemistry, Applied Physics, Physics, Environmental Science
- 3.0 units of one foreign language, or two years each of two different foreign languages
- 2.0 units of Healthy Lifestyles (1.5 PE and .5 Health)
- 2.0 units of Career and Technical Education
- 0.5 unit of Digital Studies
- 2.0 units of Fine Arts
- 2.0 units of Electives
- 0.5 unit of General Financial Literacy
- Minimum weighted GPA of 3.0
- Successful completion of a minimum of 25 hours per year of community service. Qualifying activities include leadership roles in school or community, participation in service projects, and volunteer assistance for community activities.
Requirements for the Board of Education Gold Academic Seal of Distinction include all requirements for the Silver Academic Seal and in addition:
- Weighted GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Successful completion of at least three Advanced Placement or equivalent college credit courses.