School Registration for the 2020-21 School Year
The Park City School District will reopen schools and welcome students for in-person instruction on August 20, 2020. All PCSD students will be assigned an in-person learning schedule by default. Families also have the option for students to participate in fully remote learning instead of returning to school in person. For information see the District website and refer to the Ready to Return Learning Options document.
Returning Students (already enrolled in the Park City School District), go to our Back To School Registration Fall 2020 page for registration information and links.
- Not Returning? If your student will NOT be returning to PCHS, please notify Jennifer by email, and include your student’s full name and the name and city/state of their new school, if known.
- Didn’t get the snapcode for your PCHS student? Snapcode emails were last sent out on August 5. The email goes to one parent, so please check both parent emails, and check your spam/junk folder. If you still didn’t get it, send an email to Jennifer and include your PCHS student’s full name, date of birth, your full name and relationship to the student, and the email address you want the snapcode re-sent to. Emails will be answered within 48 hours on week days. (If you are a new student who pre-enrolled with your counselor in May, you have already completed the online registration.)
- Don’t remember your username or password for the registration system? Please send an email to Jennifer and include your PCHS student’s full name, date of birth, your full name and relationship to the student. Emails will be answered within 48 hours on week days.
New Students (new to the Park City School District, and former students who are re-enrolling after having withdrawn from a district school), go to the New Student Enrollment page for enrollment information. (Students rising from TMJH into 10th grade are returning students, not new. If you pre-enrolled your new student with the counselor in May, you have already completed your enrollment.)
Park City High School accepts credit from an accredited high school program so there are many ways to recover lost credit.
PCHS offers credit remediation using the Edgenuity platform. A pass/fail grade is issued and is NOT NCAA approved.
If you have any questions about what option is best for you or your student, please make an appointment with your counselor to go over these options in greater detail.
NOTE: Students are encouraged to complete their assigned remediation coursework via Edgenuity over the summer so they can start the 2020-21 school year with only their grade level course load. They will need to follow the expectations outlined below when they are ready to take any online final exams to be proctored remotely:
- The student needs to sign up for the date/time he/she wants to take the exam using this link.
- A parent or guardian needs to monitor the final exam at home. The student should confirm their availability before signing up!
- The parent/guardian will be responsible for collecting their child’s cell phone and other devices that could be used to access the Internet.
- The student must restart his/her school-issued computer before the exam. (Remember to keep it charged!)
- Mrs. Payne will unlock the exam after confirmation from the parent/guardian via text (435-776-5812) that the student has restarted his/her computer and is ready to get started. The student will have 10 minutes to start the exam before it locks again. It’s not a race. Students should take their time to avoid having to retake the exam. When the student is done, Mrs. Payne will forward the earned credit to the school’s registrar. The registrar will update the student’s transcript as quickly as possible.
Parent PowerSchool and Canvas Accounts
Parents and Guardians – You will receive information on how to create your own parent PowerSchool (grades and attendance) and Canvas accounts in your student’s Back-to-School Registration packet in August. With this information, you will create your own usernames and passwords and can link all your district students to your parent account in each system. Parents in separate households can each create their own accounts. (If you set up a Parent Account previously, you can continue using it; you don’t need to create a new one.) To use the PowerSchool Mobile App, our district code is GFGM.
Instructions: Parent Access to PowerSchool and Canvas
School Fees and Fee Waivers
ANNUAL NOTICE: See our School Fees page for information on school fees, fee waivers, meal accounts, extracurricular/sport fees, parking permits, yearbook purchases, and PCEF and PTSO donations. Fee waivers and applications for free or reduced lunch are also available in the Main Office.