School Registration for the 2020-21 School Year
See the School Registration page of the Park City School District website for Returning Student Registration and New Student Enrollment information.
For additional PCHS-specific new student information, see our New Student Enrollment page. For additional PCHS back-to-school information for returning and rising students, see our Back To School Registration Fall 2020 page.
Technology Repair Center Open on Monday and Thursday
Park City School District’s on-site technology service center is available to help all district students, faculty, and staff resolve issues with their district assigned technology devices. The repair center is located at the Park City School District office.
Address: 2700 Kearns Blvd, Park City, Utah
Office Hours: Monday and Thursday 9:00 am to 11:00 am and 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Please note: Users are issued loaner laptops to use while their laptop is being repaired. For this reason, it is critical for users to have files backed up or stored on Google Drive.
Park City High School accepts credit from an accredited high school program so there are many ways to recover lost credit.
PCHS offers credit remediation using the Edgenuityplatform. A pass/fail grade is issued and is NOT NCAA approved.
If you have any questions about what option is best for you or your student, please make an appointment with your counselor to go over these options in greater detail.
NOTE: Students are encouraged to complete their assigned remediation coursework via Edgenuity over the summer so they can start the 2020-21 school year with only their grade level course load. They will need to follow the expectations outlined below when they are ready to take any online final exams to be proctored remotely:
- The student needs to sign up for the date/time he/she wants to take the exam using this link.
- A parent or guardian needs to monitor the final exam at home. The student should confirm their availability before signing up!
- The parent/guardian will be responsible for collecting their child’s cell phone and other devices that could be used to access the Internet.
- The student must restart his/her school-issued computer before the exam. (Remember to keep it charged!)
- Mrs. Payne will unlock the exam after confirmation from the parent/guardian via text (435-776-5812) that the student has restarted his/her computer and is ready to get started. The student will have 10 minutes to start the exam before it locks again. It’s not a race. Students should take their time to avoid having to retake the exam. When the student is done, Mrs. Payne will forward the earned credit to the school’s registrar. The registrar will update the student’s transcript as quickly as possible.
Parent PowerSchool and Canvas Accounts
Parents and Guardians – You will receive information on how to create your own parent PowerSchool (grades and attendance) and Canvas accounts in your student’s Back-to-School Registration packet in August. With this information, you will create your own usernames and passwords and can link all your district students to your parent account in each system. Parents in separate households can each create their own accounts. (If you set up a Parent Account previously, you can continue using it; you don’t need to create a new one.) To use the PowerSchool Mobile App, our district code is GFGM.
Instructions: Parent Access to PowerSchool and Canvas
School Fees and Fee Waivers
ANNUAL NOTICE: See our School Fees page for information on school fees, fee waivers, meal accounts, extracurricular/sport fees, parking permits, yearbook purchases, and PCEF and PTSO donations. Fee waivers and applications for free or reduced lunch are also available in the Main Office.