New Student Enrollment

New Student Enrollment:

New Student Enrollment is for students who are NEW to the Park City School District, and former students who are re-enrolling after having withdrawn from a district school.  To enroll a new student, the first step is to complete an online registration and provide the required enrollment documents to the District Registrar.  Click this link:

If you have questions or need assistance with the district enrollment process and requirements, please contact the District Registrar, Jossi Hurtado, at or 435-645-5600.

Return to this page after you complete enrollment with the District Registrar to see if this school has additional enrollment requirements, or contact the school’s Registrar directly.

Additional Enrollment Information for Park City High School:

Tours and Shadowing:  For the health, safety, and security of our students and to minimize distractions, we don’t offer tours or shadowing.  Our School Profile and the PCHS and District websites are full of information about our academics, course offerings, graduation requirements, extracurricular activities, counseling department, student handbook, policies, and more.  Prior to or on their first day of school, new students will be paired with a Hope Squad student who will provide a school tour.

Not Eligible to Enroll:  Persons cannot enroll in PCHS if  (1) they have already earned a secondary school diploma or completion certificate from any country, (2) they or their cohort class have already completed 12th grade, or (3) they turn 18 years old before September 2, unless they have just completed 11th grade and are on track to promote to 12th grade.  For adult Diploma, GED, and Adult ESL options, contact the PCSD Adult Education/ESL office at 435-615-0209.

Foreign Exchange Students:  PCHS accepts a limited number of J-1 visa exchange students each school year.  Official agency applications must be submitted to the District Office by April 30th.  F-1 visa international students may enroll on a tuition basis.  Contact Dena Housel at the District Office for information (435-645-5600).  Once approved, the student’s local host parent must complete the new student enrollment process with the District Registrar.

1.  Questions about the district enrollment process and requirements?  Contact the District Registrar, Jossi Hurtado, at or 435-645-5600.
2.  Questions specifically about Park City High School?  Please email the PCHS Registrar, Jennifer Frink, at

Additional Requirements for PCHS Enrollment:

You can provide these documents to the District Registrar with the rest of your enrollment paperwork, or you can send them directly to the PCHS Registrar via fax 435-645-5658 or email  These additional documents are required BEFORE the student’s Counselor appointment will be scheduled.

High School Transcript (unofficial) – You must provide a copy of the student’s high school transcript showing all credits earned in grades 9-12 to date.  This is required for discussing class placements and transfer of credits.  Call your previous school to get a copy for yourself, or have them fax/email it to us.  We only need a copy for enrollment, it does not need to be official.

School Withdrawal FormIf transferring during the school year, we’ll need a copy of the student’s previous school withdrawal form AND the student’s classes and grades at the time of their withdrawal.  Call your previous school to get a copy for yourself, or have them fax/email it to us.

IEP or 504 Documentation – If your student was receiving special education services via an IEP, or accommodations per a 504, providing us with a copy of those documents at the time of enrollment will greatly speed up the process.  Call your previous school to get a copy for yourself, or have them fax/email it to us.

Counselor Appointment:

AFTER the District Registrar has approved your enrollment, AND you have provided all applicable additional documents listed above, the PCHS Registrar will schedule your appointment to meet with your Counselor to create your class schedule.  This is an important meeting, and both the student and the parent/guardian should plan to attend.  Prepare for your appointment by exploring the PCHS Course Catalog to see our class offerings and to review our graduation requirements.  Class selection worksheets are available to print.

Welcome to Park City High School!  Here’s where you find information on…

Attention Student Athletes:

Per the Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA) Transfer Rule, any student transferring from one high school to another may lose eligibility for participation in Association-sponsored athletic activities (including varsity, junior varsity, sophomore and freshman) for twelve months from the first day of attendance at the new school.  However, the Association has the discretion to waive all or part of the ineligibility based on bona fide change in residence or evidence of hardship.

“I need to move during the school year, what is the best time to transfer?”

You can enroll at PCHS any time, but if your moving date is flexible, our best advice is to complete the grading term at your current school and earn those credits first.  Then transfer to PCHS as close to our term start dates as possible.  We are on a quarter grading system, and our term dates are below.

Term Dates for the 2021-2022 School Year:
Quarter 1 – August 19 to October 13
Quarter 2 – October 18 to December 17
Quarter 3 – January 3 to March 10
Quarter 4 – March 14 to June 3

Rest assured, our counselors are here to help you through your school transition regardless of when you transfer.

Park City High School Registrar:

Jennifer Frink    (out of the office June 11-August 1)
Park City High School
1750 Kearns Blvd.
Park City, UT 84060
435-645-5657 ext. 2067   (if you are outside the U.S., please use email instead)
Fax: 435-645-5658

The Registrar’s office is located in the PCHS Counseling Center.  Office hours are 7:15am to 3:00pm on school days.