Opportunity Scholarship (formerly Regents’ Scholarship)
To simplify the scholarships available from the State of Utah and update the previous requirements, the Utah Legislature voted during the 2021 Legislative Session to replace the Regents’ Scholarship and the New Century Scholarship with the Opportunity Scholarship. The change will begin with the high school graduating class of 2022.
See the Opportunity Scholarship website. Read ALL the information provided carefully!
If you have questions about the scholarship requirements, application process, or your document checklist, contact the State Scholarship office. Call 801-646-4812 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t rely on other sources for information regarding your application!
Application Tracks – Class of 2022
Students graduating with the class of 2022 ONLY may qualify for the Opportunity Scholarship through either the Advanced Course Track or the Regents’ Track. Research both tracks on the Opportunity Scholarship website and decide which track is appropriate for you. All students who qualify under the Regents’ and Advanced Course Tracks will be given the same award consideration and maximum award amount.
- Both applications will open November 15, 2021.
- The priority deadline is December 3, 2021. All students are encouraged to meet the priority deadline.
- The final deadline is February 1, 2022.
(Students graduating with the class of 2023 and beyond may only qualify for the Opportunity Scholarship by completing the Advanced Course Track. No exceptions will be made.)
Regents’ Track ONLY – Request Your Transcript:
If you choose the REGENTS’ TRACK, an official PCHS transcript is required as part of your application. Transcript requests typically take 1-3 working days to process and mail. Be aware of Regents’ deadlines and request your transcript in plenty of time!
- Log in to your Naviance account.
- Click on the Colleges tab along the top.
- Under the Apply to College column, click on Manage Transcripts.
- Click the round red + icon, then select Other Transcript.
- Complete the entire form, including the due date and MAILING address (they will not accept emailed transcripts).
- VERY IMPORTANT! If you are taking Math 1010, 1030, 1040, 1050, 1060, or English 1010/2010, but you are NOT taking the course for Concurrent Enrollment college credit, you MUST add a note in the Other Notes field telling the Registrar which courses you are NOT taking for college credit. The course names on your transcript will need to be adjusted. This is very important and could affect your application!
- Click Request and Finish to submit your request to the Registrar.
The Registrar will mark the date that your transcript is mailed on your Manage Transcripts page. Once your transcript is mailed, it could take up to 10 days for it to get to the Scholarship office and for them to process it. As long as the transcript is postmarked by the Final Application Deadline, it will be considered. If concerned, students should contact the Scholarship office directly at 801-646-4812.
**Your final transcript will automatically be sent at the end of the school year. You don’t need to request your transcript be sent again.