The Tech Office is located in Room 130 (in the hallway to the left of the cafeteria and vending machines).
Monday: 7:15 am to 2:00 pm
Tuesday–Thursday: 7:15 am to 2:45 pm
Friday: 7:15 am to 12:30 pm and scheduled in-person and virtual meetings from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm.
The Tech Center is available to help students, teachers, and staff with issues related to the district-assigned laptop during office hours.
- If an issue cannot be resolved on the spot, the user will receive a loaner laptop to use while the problem is being resolved.
- If a loaner is not available, the user will be added to the loaner wait-list.
Sign in to Helpdesk using your district login.
- Once a ticket is submitted, users can check the status of the ticket by going back into the Helpdesk, and selecting “My Tickets”.
- Within 24 hours, tech support will likely have left you a message with instructions for resolving the problem or to schedule an in-person or remote meeting.
Send email inquiries to Ali Gallagher at email@example.com. You will receive a reply within 48 hours on school days.
Occasionally, unexpected issues occur with laptops that are not the fault of the user. These issues will be resolved at no cost.
Accidents happen. If a user’s laptop or charger is damaged, the user should report to the tech office as soon as possible.
User’s responsibility for repairs that are not covered under Apple Warranty:
- Cost of repairs less than $100: Cost of repair
- Cost of repairs greater than $100: $100 deductible
- Damaged or lost charger: $79.00
Oh No I Forgot my Laptop!
Same-day laptop loaners are available to PCHS students, teachers, and staff on a limited first-come-first-serve basis. If a loaner is not available, the user’s name will be added to the waitlist.
The loaner must be returned to the tech office the same day of check out unless other arrangements have been made with the tech office.
Loaners are due by:
- Monday: 2:00 pm
- Tuesday-Thursday: 3:00 pm
- Friday: 12:00 pm
Supporting Students Learning Online
Parent PowerSchool Accounts
To create a PowerSchool Parent Account:
- Go to https://powerschool.pcschools.us/public/
The Student and Parent sign-in page appears.
- Click the “Create Account” tab. The create Account page appears.
- Use the information in the following table to enter information in the Create Parent Account section:
|First Name||Enter your first name.|
|Last Name||Enter your last name.|
|Enter your email address. The email address you enter is used to send you select information, as well as account recovery notices and account changes confirmations.|
|Desired Username||Enter the username you would like to use when signing in to the PowerSchool Student and Parent portal. The username must be unique. If you enter a username that is already in use, you will be prompted to select or enter another username.|
|Password||Enter the password you would like to use when signing in to the PowerSchool Student and Parent portal.|
|Re-Enter Password||Enter your password again exactly as you entered it in the above field.|
4. Use the following table to enter information in the Link Students to Account section:
|Student Name||Enter the first and last name of the student you want to add to your account. Note: Regardless of the name you enter, the system will populate the name based on the access ID and password for the student.|
|Access ID||Enter the parent access ID for the student.*|
|Access Password||Enter the parent access password for the student.*|
|Relationship||Indicate how you are related to the student by selecting the appropriate association from the drop-down menu.|
5. Click Enter. The Student and Parent sign-in page appears.
*If you do not have this information, contact the school. This information cannot be given over the telephone or in an email. You may pick up a copy in the front office, or request the information by mail. This information will only be mailed to the address listed in PowerSchool.
Parent Access to Canvas as an Observer
Parents can create a Canvas Parent Observer Account, then link their student’s Canvas account to theirs so they can see assignment due dates, announcements, and other course content. Observers can view course content but cannot participate in the course.
To create a Canvas Parent Observer Account, go to pcsd.instructure.com/login and click the “Parent of a Canvas User? Click Here For an Account” link on the log in page. Enter your name, email, and create a password. Then you’ll need a “Student Pairing Code” to link to your student’s Canvas account.
Where is the “Student Pairing Code”? The code is generated by the student’s Canvas account. Your student needs to log into their Canvas account, go to Account, then click Settings. Click the “Pair with Observer” button. Copy the six-digit pairing code and share it with the observer who wants to link to the account (case sensitive). A separate pairing code is required for each observer.
If you’ve already created a Canvas Parent Observer account, and you need to link another student to your account, go to Account, then Settings. Click the Observing link, then enter the student’s pairing code (case sensitive), and click the “+Student” button.
More information and detailed instructions with graphics:
- Follow the How Do I Sign Up for a Canvas Account as a Parent Guide
- Add another student (or two or three) by following the How do I link to another student as an observer Guide
- Review the Observer Guide for an overview of what to expect
Please note: PCSD Employees should NOT use their @pcschools.us email address for their observer account. They should use a personal email address.